Monday, March 15, 2010

In which this blog introduces itself

Emily Byrd Starr wrote letters to her father on the road to heaven. Harriet M. Welsch wrote notes on things that were none of her business. Anastasia Krupnik wrote lists of things she loved and things she hated. And I guess I write blog posts now.

Welcome! This is going to be a place for discussion of children's lit and the writing life. I mean it when I say "discussion," so please feel free to comment. If there are topics you'd like this blog to bring up - anything from specific books to broader matters of reading and writing - please say so. Also please note that this blog is not affiliated with any organization.

There are lots of great blogs out there that focus on whatever's brand-new in children's lit. I'm sure I'll do some of that, but this will also be a place to discuss literature that's been around a while. After all, everything's new to someone, especially in a field where new readers are literally being born. (And yes, "literature that's been around a while" does indicate that more L.M. Montgomery references will likely pop up. What can I say? I'm an Anne-girl fangirl.)

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you here again!

8 comments:

  1. Harriet the Spy did a fair share of writing, too. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for shiny new blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a potential topic: Have you ever read the Abarat books by Clive Barker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcomes! Nicole, I haven't read the series, but I just Googled it (of course), and think it's really cool that the idea started out as a series of paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In which I am suitably impressed at your Winnie-the-Pooh reference...

    ReplyDelete
  6. In which I recall that Thoughtful Spot was among the possibilities for the blog's name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sandy! :raises glass of raspberry cordial:

    ReplyDelete