Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh, poor me.

A co-worker of mine likes to joke about "first-world problems." Oh, poor me, I saved these crackers for too long and now they're crumbly. Oh, poor me, I have so much to carry on my trip. One might also call these "good problems to have."

Well, I've realized I spend a lot of time concerned about how I'll never get through all the books I want to read. Because, you know, poor me, with my easy access to information about books that I might find interesting or useful, and my unlimited supply of free books from conveniently located libraries, and my advance copies, and the generous book lenders and gift-givers in my life, and, oh yeah, my job in a bookstore.

Also, I am burdened by literacy.

As Tevye might say, "May the Lord smite me with it. And may I never recover!"

No comments:

Post a Comment