Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Celebrating Milestones

1) Happy Cheap Chocolate Day!

2) As of today, I've been a bookseller for a year. That means I've learned a lot. It also means I've chatted at the register about pretty much every kind of New England weather.

3) Registration opened today for Celebrating Milestones, this year's Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) New England conference. The milestone inspiring the theme is the region's 25th annual conference, and it looks like the theme's been well applied to many of the workshops, like "Milestones in an Exciting Plot," which I expect to find helpful. Milestone or not, I'm also particularly excited about the two-part intensive, "12¾ Ways to Tickle Young Readers’ Funny Bones."

Will I see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment